Stunning park-like formal gardens set the stage as you meander up the winding driveway towards Denver (circa 1896) – arguably one of Daylesford’s grandest Victorian estates. Owned and built by a former mayor of Daylesford, this magnificent home of unrivalled beauty has been impeccably restored to showcase historical glamour amidst 1 acre (approx.) of pristine sprawling gardens.
Privately screened behind a towering hedge, this beautifully crafted residence presents an opulent array of original features – representing the grace and grandeur of a flourishing era. Leadlight windows and doors, open fireplaces, original pine floorboards, soaring ornate ceilings, and an expansive hallway with ornate fret work form a nostalgic aesthetic of luxury. A wrap around verandah provides the perfect place to sit and take in the garden splendour over an evening glass of wine.
An imposing 2-way staircase ascends from the garden to the stunning original lead-light front door, leading into the finely crafted interior. A grand central hallway leads through to the entertaining zone comprising a large gracious living room with open fireplace and bay window; kitchen with expansive underfloor wine cellar access; and a sizeable family and dining area opening out to a wisteria covered patio.
The chef’s country kitchen is well appointed with granite benchtops, a double butler’s sink, Falcon stove with gas hobs and dual electric ovens, integrated Liebherr refrigerator/freezer, and Bosch dishwasher. Accessed from the hallway are 4 bedrooms, a large walk-in pantry and mud room with walls of storage, and 2 bathrooms. A laundry and shed form part of a spacious rear undercover zone along with a double carport.
The stunning park-like gardens have been developed and landscaped by garden designer Ray Robinson – each section displaying a distinct character. Featuring extensive paths and flower beds, cherry and ash trees, lush lawns, and a beautiful flowing fountain. A Bocce court provides the ideal relaxed game with friends and family.
The large, netted vegetable garden is well protected. It includes pear, apricot, quince, plum and nectarine trees as well as extensive raised vegetable beds. In addition, the gardens contain apple, cherry, lemon, orange and pear trees. There is an enclosed hothouse, and the entire gardens are watered via an automated system fed from a bore.
Separate to the main residence is a beautifully restored barn making an ideal home office, games room, gym or separate accommodation for guests and family.
An extensive list of inclusions include:
• House fully restored and rewired in 2010
• Roof replaced with double galvanized steel
• Hydronic heating throughout
• Evaporative cooling
• Ceiling and floor insulation
• 8 kW solar panels
• Double glazed windows
• Original pine floorboards
• Triple lined French linen curtains
• Back to base security and camera system
• Expansive underground cellar
• Double carport
• Under-house basement storage
• Recently treated with termite protection
• 2 x 25,000L water tanks
• A bore fills the tanks and pumps to the garden irrigation
• A 3rd rainwater tank from the house
• Stunning ornate fountain from Castlemaine Foundry
• Bocce court
• Electronically programmed garden and lawn sprinkler system
• Original “dunny”
• Man cave
• Kitchen garden with glasshouse
• Covered fruit orchard and vegetable garden, including nectarines, pears, apricots, plums and quince plus extensive raised vegetable beds
• Further fruit trees throughout garden (apple, pear, cherry, lemon and orange)
• Landscaped garden divided into sections, each with its own distinct character
• Extensive flower beds, trees, lawns, paths and a beautiful flowing fountain
Denver is conveniently located only 1.5 hour’s drive from Melbourne in the heart of the Spa Country; only a few minutes’ walk to Daylesford’s many restaurants, galleries, cafes, and the renowned lake. This is an exclusive opportunity to secure one of Daylesford’s most prestigious estates.
** We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.